Best Granite Stain Remover Paste - Stain Reaper
The best granite stain remover poultice paste we've found is Stain Reaper. This poultice paste pulls deep-seated oil, dirt & other embedded stains out of granite, marble, limestone, and other natural stone surfaces.
Stain Reaper is easy, ready-to-use, and releases no VOCs. It pulls deep-seated oil, dirt, harmful salts and other embedded stains out of interior sensitive masonry, including limestone, travertine, granite and marble. Safe for use on polished finishes.
Preparation: Make sure all surfaces not meant to be treated are covered and/or taped for their protection.
Approximate Coverage: 4 to 6 sq. ft per lb depending on porosity of stone.
Directions for use:
- Apply paste to dry surface 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick using a trowel, airless sprayer or other suitable applicator.
- Cover the poultice with plastic film and let stay for 24 hours. It will cling to the surface. Tape down the edges.
- Remove the plastic and allow poultice to dry. This is the most important part. As it dries, it will draw the stain from the surface.
- Remove the poultice and captured contaminants by scraping off the surface. Insert a corrosion-resistant spatula, trowel or other suitable scraping device under the paste, and carefully lift from the surface. Non-metal tools are preferred to avoid scratching the surface. Remove as much residue as possible.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly with fresh water, using a sponge, soft cloth or low-pressure/low-volume water-rinsing equipment.
surface.Remove as much residue as possible.
- Repeat application if needed.
Note: Surface and air temperatures should be at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Application when temperature is below freezing or will be overnight may harm masonry. If freezing conditions exist before application, let surface thaw.